Overview: The Solvita Suite is a stand-alone soil health laboratory to be used inside or outside a commercial laboratory environment – on a farm, in a field project or in a classroom. The suite provides tools and protocols to perform accurate measurements relevant to the soil health “functional triangle” of physical, biological and chemical traits.
Application: The suite provides basic soil sampling protocols to obtain a fresh undisturbed sample, prepare and sieve the soil, or gently crush with soil rolling – all to avoid the destructive soil practices sometimes used with soil health tests in other commercial laboratories. Specifically, the user can explore physical (water stable aggregates), chemical (storage amino nitrogen) and biological (soil respiration, as CO2-Burst or Basal) aspects – all features which are not normally part of routine soil commercial analyses but endeavour to examine soil fertility in a broader light. A license and training video are included.
- 100 Soil CO2 detector probes with 9 gas-tight 475mL jars, beakers and screens
- 100 SLAN detector probes with 6 gas-tight 250cc jars and beakers
- VAST test and license fee for 100 tests
- Digital Colour Reader Multi-Mode
- 30cc scoop with striker
- Soil Roller
- Sieve, soil knife, scale and soil thermometer
- Training Video for aggregate stability
- QAQC soil samples for Solvita Proficiency Program
Refills: Additional jars and probes in lab-pack quantities are available to maintain the test.